Perhaps you don’t think air filter replacement is all that important. However, when you realize the benefits of replacing the filter every one to three months, you will no doubt promptly add it to your to-do list.
- Extend the life of your HVAC system. You can easily ensure system longevity by avoiding any unnecessary strain on your equipment. Air filter replacement ensures airflow stays at the right speed so the air handler doesn’t experience excessive strain, which makes the system last longer.
- Increase energy efficiency. An air handler that isn’t strained too hard also operates more efficiently. Efficient operation means less energy is required to maintain a comfortable temperature in your home.
- Improve indoor air quality. One major purpose of HVAC air filters is to trap airborne contaminants that circulate through the system. A clean filter traps pollutants so your indoor air is cleaner and your family is healthier.
- Keep your system’s ductwork clean. Another reason to keep an HVAC filter in place: it prevents dirt from accumulating in the ductwork. A clean filter also helps prevent dust buildup on the HVAC equipment itself, which further promotes system longevity.
- Reduce monthly energy bills. Everyone wants to save money on energy bills, and consistent air filter replacement is a proven way to achieve that goal. Because a clean filter helps your system run more efficiently, it also reduces your energy bills. Ultimately, you easily recoup the cost of the filter with your energy savings.
- Decrease your carbon footprint. Going green is more than just a trend. It’s a lifestyle that more people are adopting today. Changing your air filter is one small action you can take at home today to decrease your carbon footprint and lower your impact on the environment.
These benefits of replacing the air filter regularly should inspire you to start the habit right away. For help choosing the right air filter replacement for your home, please contact Roberts Heating & Cooling today.
Image Provided by Shutterstock.com