Northbrook Residents Cool Any Space with a Ductless AC or Ductless Mini-Split System
If you’ve never heard of or considered ductless air conditioning, you are missing out on an opportunity to completely revolutionize heating and cooling in your home or business. This system is ideal for targeted air conditioning so you can control AC use and maximize comfort. If you are ready to experience a new level of air conditioning efficiency, check out the following benefits of ductless AC systems.
How Does A Mini-Split System Work?
Ductless heating and cooling systems (also split, multi-split, mini-split, or split-ductless systems), consist of an indoor section (air handler) and an outdoor unit. The indoor unit contains a fan and evaporator coil, while the compressor, fan, and condensing coil are found in the.outdoor unit. The units are connected via a small tube which houses components like the electrical wiring and refrigerant tubing. The indoor unit is generally installed high on a wall or the ceiling in the desired room. The mini-split system has one indoor air handler while multi-split varieties use two or more indoor air handlers connected to one outdoor unit.
One major benefit of ductless AC’s is the ability to produce efficient heating and cooling from one unit. When cooling, ductless ACs operate in the same manner as central air conditioners — using refrigerant to facilitate the process of removing warm air from indoors during the summer months. However, unlike traditional air conditioners, ductless systems use a reversing valve to change the direction of the flow of refrigerant for heating during the cold months.
Why Choose a Ductless AC System?
The ability to provide heating and cooling from one unit clearly makes a ductless unit a very versatile option. This unique system provides even more benefits:
- These ENERGY STAR systems are known for their high efficiency, reducing energy waste as they heat and cool your home or business.
- The ability to provide targeted air conditioning or zoning means installing an air handler where needed allows users to program temperatures based on preferences. You avoid further energy waste by conditioning only occupied areas or programming the thermostat based on the characteristics of various zones.
- These units consume less energy, so you also benefit from lower energy bills.
- No ductwork translates to better indoor air quality which is further enhanced by the multi-stage filtration capabilities of these systems.
- Quiet operation makes them ideal for every setting.
- Ductless ACs are easy to install, which lowers labor costs and therefore the overall cost of your purchase. They are smaller systems that require no major construction. Installation can be completed in a day versus weeks with ducted systems.
- You realize further savings by eliminating the expense of cleaning ducts.
These small units pack a powerful punch and are even strong enough for large buildings and commercial spaces. They are customizable, which makes them an ideal choice for various commercial and residential settings. Because of their flexibility, they can be installed even if you currently have a ducted system. For upgrades or additions, the benefits are even more evident as a ductless system can be easily incorporated without high renovation costs. You save time, money, and avoid the inconvenience that is normally experienced when upgrading to a forced air system. They are a perfect choice where ducted installation would be difficult and are the ideal solution for additions or small spaces such as garages, basements, and attics.
If you are concerned about your carbon footprint, then ductless AC systems are for you. They are better for the environment — not only because they use less energy, but also because they do not use the harmful refrigerants that many forced air systems used today.
Ductless ACs may cost a bit more than traditional units, but the benefits and savings make them the better deal in the long run. If all the above aren’t reasons enough for you to invest in these systems, consider that you can also qualify for tax credits and rebates for your purchase.
Check out two of our popular Mitsubishi ductless systems below:
Mitsubishi Mr. Slim Ductless Cooling Systems
FEATURES AND BENEFITS:
- Efficient, Quiet Operation: Mr. Slim is designed to be quieter and more efficient than old window units so you’ll rest easy both literally and financially.
- No Ductwork: Mr. Slim installs without having to tear apart your walls, floors, or ceilings. Less mess means lower cost and better air quality for your home.
- Easy to Install: Simple installation means less hassle for a contractor, and less downtime means you can enjoy the comfort of Mr. Slim sooner.
- Versatile: From living rooms to boardrooms, from kitchens to cafeterias, there’s a Mr. Slim system to fit any cooling or heating need.
- Wireless Remote Controller: Mr. Slim M-Series systems come with a convenient wireless remote controller that puts you in control of your own comfort.
Mitsubishi Mr. Slim Ductless Heat Pump Systems with Hyper Heat
The heat pump as you knew it is history.
Introducing Hyper-Heating INVERTER (H2i™) technology*, exclusively from Mitsubishi Electric and available in select Mr. Slim® Split-Ductless and CITY MULTI® VRFZ models. The cooling and heating success of our INVERTER heat pump systems is well documented. But we didn’t stop there. We decided to redefine the heat pump even more. Imagine sitting toasty warm inside while it’s -13˚F outside or realizing full heating capacity at 5˚F. Now open your eyes and see the H2i outdoor units.
H2i delivers heat, and lots of it.
With our INVERTER-driven heat pump systems, you effectively use energy while maintaining the ideal comfort level. Now, with the integration of the innovative H2i technology, you experience the added benefit of year-round comfort with a single system, even on the coldest days of the year. This Mitsubishi exclusive technology comes appropriately at a time when fuel costs and energy usage are at an all-time high.